Focal Area #1 - Board of Directors and Leadership
GOAL: EXPAND THE DIVERSITY OF BOARD MEMBERS WHO ARE REPRESENTATIVE OF THE DIVERSE COMMUNITY, IN ORDER TO BRING NEW PERSPECTIVES TO THE GGCF.
1. Expand the ethnic make-up of the Board to include representatives from the Vietnamese, Korean, and Hispanic communities.
2. Recruit future Board members based on their ability and willingness to give financially, network, and be an advocate for the GGCF.
3. Develop a matrix of Board member characteristics to provide for the best recruitment of potential Board members based upon the specific needs of the Board.
Focal Area #2 - Quality of Life
GOAL: IMPROVE RECREATIONAL AMENITIES IN PUBLIC OPEN SPACES.
1. Develop a process in order to dedicate funding for neighborhood park revitalization and determine timeline for implementation.
2. Partner with neighborhood associations to provide challenge grants that will assist with the purchase of playground equipment, basketball courts, exercise stations, ground cover, improved jogging areas, etc.
Focal Area #3 - Arts/Culture/Diversity
GOAL #1: SEEK TO INTEGRATE ETHNIC GROUPS IN COMMUNITY-WIDE EVENTS.
1. Partner and assist with community-sponsored events that will encourage interaction among ethnic groups and foster community building, while promoting a healthy lifestyle.
2. Encourage working relations between the GGCF, local community groups, and non-profit organizations, to sponsor community events, performances, and activities.
3. Continue to sponsor the free Summer Concert Series, annual Food for Thought Luncheon, and theater in Garden Grove.
GOAL #2: DEDICATE FUNDS TO SUPPORT ART IN PUBLIC PLACES.
1. Work with City staff to create a process in which GGCF would provide a portion of the funding of public art projects by local artists.
2. Dedicate funds to purchase and install art objects that celebrate our community.
Focal Area #4 - Expanding Financial Resources
GOAL: CULTIVATE AND EDUCATE POTENTIAL DONORS, SPECIFICALLY CORPORATE REPRESENTATIVES, WHO ARE CAPABLE OF MAKING A SIGNIFICANT DONATION TO THE GARDEN GROVE COMMUNITY FOUNDATION.
1. Develop a prospect list of a sufficient number of individual and corporate major gift prospects and properly cultivate, solicit, and steward those prospects and donors.
2. Continue to fund the endowment through annual contributions and wise investments with the goal of generating an income stream that will ultimately provide annual revenue of $40,000 to the Foundation for annual events and activities.
3. Continue to partner with the Garden Grove Chamber of Commerce for the Annual Golf Classic, the largest fundraiser for the GGCF.
4. Continue the year-round fundraisers (Obelisk at the Tower on the Green and Water Bill Donations).